Report a problem with a right of way

If you would like to report a problem on a public right of way please contact East Sussex County Council R0W department.

At present this procedure can be found at: –

Or you can call them on 0345 6080 193

To help them with their investigations please refer to their online rights of way map, or provide the TQ grid reference, nearest land mark or road name.

Photos are also very useful – these can be emailed to them at

You can find out more about what the County Council and landowners are responsible for maintaining by visiting the ESCC RoW website.

Please also copy the High Weald Walkers Group Footpath Secretary giving details of your report.